Majesty of the Rockies - With GoldLeaf Service and Cruise Vista Suite, Summer 2021
Brochure Type: 2021 Americas
Take in the majesty of the Rocky Mountains as you travel in luxurious comfort to the most dazzling national parks, glaciers and historic villages of Western Canada. Savour delicious local cuisine in trendy Vancouver and meet passionate Local Experts, as you discover Mother Nature's bounties from the Rockies to the waters of Alaska.
- Vancouver: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine at The Victor, located on the sixth-floor rooftop featuring local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.
- Whistler: Enjoy a delectable Highlight Dinner at SIDECUT, a AAA rated, four-diamond restaurant known for traditional steakhouse fare with a modern take.
- Kelowna: Enjoy a locally inspired menu with wine pairing from the Okanagan Valley at Quails' Gate, one of the oldest family-owned wineries in Kelowna.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a unique collection of restaurants during your Dine-Around Evening.
- Banff: Experience traditional, regional and contemporary a la carte dining with your choice of ?ne restaurants at the Fairmont.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches (L), 7 Dinners all with wine (DW);
- Victoria: One of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest and the gem of British Columbia, Victoria is a grand, elegant wonder. Explore this Garden City with her historic charm, baroque architecture, colourful squares and lively waterfront.
- Athabasca Glacier: Enjoy a private meeting with a retired Royal Canadian Mountie to learn about the service and hear his personal stories.
- Athabasca Glacier: Travel in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the icy slopes.
- Whistler: In the morning, head for the striking Audain Art Museum, where you will be greeted by your host for breakfast in the museum, followed by a private, before-hours guided exploration of the private collection focused entirely on British Columbia artists. It also houses one of the best collections of First Nations masks.
- Vancouver: Cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), for a squirrel's eye view.
- Victoria: The Hotel Grand Pacific is perched right on the Inner Harbour, close to Victoria's downtown.
- Whistler: The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is a luxurious resort with a gorgeous backdrop and charming local village.
- Kelowna: Gorgeous Okanagan Lake provides the backdrop for an unforgettable hotel at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort with views of the lake, the mountains, and the Kelowna city skyline.
- Lake Louise: Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel is located in Alberta's Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Banff: Canada's "Castle in the Rockies", the Fairmont Banff Springs, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years.
- Jasper: Situated in Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife.
- Sun Peaks: An internationally renowned year-round destination resort offering luxury in the heart of Sun Peaks.
- Whistler: Visit the striking Audain Art Museum, known for its unique exhibitions. Join your host for breakfast, after which you'll be taken on a private, before-hours guided exploration of the museum's private collection, which showcases British Columbia's most celebrated artists. It also houses one of the best collections of First Nations masks.
- Banff: Explore Banff Your Way and choose to ride the Banff Gondola or play 9 holes of golf at the Banff Springs Golf Course.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (916) 716-6365 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15393011
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 21 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Vibrant Vancouver.: On arrival at Vancouver International Airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine at The Victor. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Douglas, Autograph Collection Hotel, Vancouver.
|Day 2||Vancouver||Vancouver Sightseeing.: This morning experience the best of Vancouver during your exclusive sightseeing tour. History meets the great outdoors at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, as you cross the bridge for spectacular views from the top of the canyon. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||On-board the Rocky Mountaineer||On-Board the Rocky Mountaineer.: Travel from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the B.C. interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. On arrival at Kamloops, your bags will be waiting in your hotel room. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 4||Jasper National Park||Arrive in Jasper.: Your magical GoldLeaf ride onboard the Rocky Mountaineer continues. Take in dazzling vistas upstairs from the glass-topped dome coach. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today's highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. On arrival in Jasper, you will be transferred to your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Jasper National Park and Iconic Maligne Lake.: Embark on a narrated cruise on the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake in the morning (seasonal). Stop at Spirit Island before enjoying a walk at Maligne Canyon. Gain a unique perspective of the beautiful park as you join a Local Expert on an afternoon scenic ?oat trip (8) down the Athabasca River. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine at your lodge. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Lake Louise||Along the Icefields Parkway.: Travel along the unforgettable Ice?elds Parkway and witness amazing scenery. At the Ice?elds Visitor Center, embark on a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the surface of Athabasca Glacier. With your expert driver guide, step out onto the frosty ?ow, formed centuries ago. Later today, you'll arrive at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Enjoy an engaging nature walk while strolling lakeside. Why not upgrade to a Junior Lakeview Suite for views of Lake Louise? For dinner this evening, you have a choice of several restaurants at the resort. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (Deluxe Mount Temple Room).
|Day 7||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: This morning visit Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks, known for its reflective and bright blue glacial waters. Travel on to Banff National Park and join a private meet-and-greet with a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform. (Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Banff Springs (Fairmont Mountain View Room).
|Day 8||Banff National Park||Banff Sights at Leisure.: Explore Banff Your Way and choose to ride the Banff Gondola or play 9 holes of golf at the Banff Springs Golf Course. Perhaps be tempted by a helicopter flight, soaring above the Rockies - your Travelling Concierge can assist you with the arrangements. For dinner, choose from a selection of restaurants at your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Kelowna||Canada's Exquisite National Parks.: As you leave Banff this morning, stop at exquisite Emerald Lake. Journey through some of Canada's most breathtaking national parks - Yoho, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke, as you make your way to Kelowna. Tonight visit the family-owned estate winery Quails' Gate for a delicious wine-paired dinner with stunning views over the vineyard and Okanagan Lake. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Okanagan Resort, Kelowna.
|Day 10||Whistler||From the Napa Valley of the North to Whistler.: Enjoy a thrilling range of landscapes as you travel to Lillooet, a historical town on the road of the old Gold Rush. Drive along the scenic Duffey Lake Road through mountains and forests, offering sublime lake and river views. Keep an eye out for wildlife such as bears or deer as they are often spotted here. Arrive in Whistler, a small alpine village ringed by mountains, forests and valleys. (Breakfast)|
Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
|Day 11||Whistler||Exclusive Audain Art Museum Experience.: In the morning, head for the striking Audain Art Museum, where you will be greeted by your host for breakfast in the museum, followed by a private, before-hours guided exploration of the private collection focused entirely on British Columbia artists. It also houses one of the best collections of First Nations masks. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. [CC] If you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, today you will meet Rob Boyd, former Olympic alpine skier, as he personally welcomes you for a private reception. Relax and dine at your resort this evening. [/CC] (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 12||Victoria||From Whistler to Victoria.: Leave the mountains of Whistler behind and travel along the spectacular Sea-to-Sky Highway. Stop at the beautiful Shannon Falls before ferrying across the Strait of Georgia to Vancouver Island and back on the road to Victoria. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria (Signature City View Room).
|Day 13||Victoria||Exploring Victoria.: Begin the day with breakfast served at Butchart Gardens' Blue Poppy Restaurant. Gain access to the grounds before they are open to the general public, then enjoy this designated National Historic Site of Canada. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Tonight, join your Travelling Concierge and new friends at a farm-to-table Celebration Dinner at 10 Acres Kitchen. This restaurant pledges to serve the best of Vancouver Island; what they do not grow and ethically raise on their own farm, they proudly source from other like-minded farmers and food purveyors. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Join Your Holland America Cruise||Join Your Holland America Cruise.: This morning you will board your ferry and relax in the exclusive SeaWest Lounge all the way to Vancouver. An included transfer will take you to the Canada Place port where your Alaska cruise begins on the MS Koningsdam. Board your cruise to experience the ever-changing panorama and vast wilderness that stretches from British Columbia to Skagway, Alaska. Step into a world of comfort and elegance with impeccable service and gourmet dining. (Breakfast / Dinner)|
Holland America Line: MS Nieuw Amsterdam.
|Day 15||Cruise the Inside Passage||Cruise the Inside Passage.: With the most Southeast Alaska accessible only by boat or plane, cruise the Inside Passage for a unique view. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 16||Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau||Cruise Tracy Arm and Juneau.: The dramatic Sawyer Glaciers at the end of Tracy Arm are framed by mountains and bathed in the blue hue of the ice. Arrive in Juneau, where you can shop downtown, kayak, dogsled, raft or flightsee. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 17||Skagway||Skagway, Alaska.: Step into the town's colourful past at the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 18||Cruise Glacier Bay||Cruise Glacier Bay Alaska.: From the comfort of your ship, enjoy pristine wilderness of Glacier Bay National Park. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 19||Ketchikan||Ketchikan.: While ashore, check out the world's largest collection of standing totem poles or an optional guided through town or a harbour cruise. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 20||Scenic Cruise of the Inside Passage||Scenic Cruise of the Inside Passage.: Today is a day of relaxation as you cruise back to Vancouver. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
|Day 21||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: Take your transfer to Vancouver International Airport, arriving at approximately 9:30 or or extend your trip at your pleasure. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. The prices shown above include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 06 May 2020. This itinerary does not offer breakfast in room. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures that will meet Olympic skier Rob Boyd for an exclusive reception. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class